Science fund of Republic of Serbia – PROMIS program 2020-2022
Rational design of multifunctional electrode interface for efficient electrocatalytic hydrogen production
The goal is to develop a new family of noble metal-free electrocatalysts for hydrogen evolution reaction guided by a combination of multiscale modeling and rational computational design with synthesis, characterization, and experimental testing.
The concept is based on the atomic-scale understanding and control of various interfacial processes at complex electrode interfaces in order to boost the hydrogen evolution reaction in alkaline media.
The project is led by Dr. Igor Pašti (FPC). The team includes Dr. Biljana Šljukić Paunković (FPC), Dr. Uroš Lačnjevac (IMSI), Dr. Nemanja Gavrilov (FPC), Dr. Ana Dobrota (FPC) and Aleksandar Jovanović (FPC)
- A. Z. Jovanović, S. V. Mentus, N. V. Skorodumova, I. A. Pašti, Reactivity Screening of Single Atoms on Modified Graphene Surface: From Formation and Scaling Relations to Catalytic Activity, Advanced Materials Interfaces (2020) 2001814, https://doi.org/10.1002/admi.202001814, preprint available at https://arxiv.org/abs/2101.02922.
- I. Pašti, A. Dobrota, S. Gutić, A. Jovanović, S. Mentus, How Theory Can Help Us with Engineering Graphene-Based Materials for Electrochemical Applications?, ISE 2020, Belgrade Virtual Meeting, September 2020, invited lecture
- Cha et al. As a single atom Pd outperforms Pt as the most active co-catalyst for photocatalytic H2 evolution, iScience, 24 (2021) 102938, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isci.2021.102938
- Ana S. Dobrota, Tanja Đokić, Natalia V. Skorodumova, Slavko V. Mentus, Igor A. Pašti, What Is the Real State of Single-Atom Catalysts under Electrochemical Conditions—From Adsorption to Surface Pourbaix Plots? Catalysts 11(10) (2021) 1207; https://doi.org/10.3390/catal11101207
- Ana S. Dobrota, Tanja Đokić, Igor A. Pašti, What is the State of Single Atom Catalysts under Electrochemical Conditions – DFT Study of SACs Embedded in Graphene Lattice?, 72nd Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE), Jeju, Jeju, South Korea (online), 8/29/2021 – 9/3/2021
- Aleksandar Z. Jovanović, Sanjin J. Gutić, Igor A. Pašti, One-Step Electrochemical Synthesis of Ni@rGO Composites with High Electrocatalytic Activity towards Hydrogen Evolution in Alkaline Media, 72nd Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE), Jeju, Jeju, South Korea (online), 8/29/2021 – 9/3/2021
- Aleksandra Miladinović, Ana S. Dobrota, Igor A. Pašti, Kinetic Monte Carlo Modelling of Complex Electrocatalytic Interfaces for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction, 72nd Annual Meeting of the International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE), Jeju, Jeju, South Korea (online), 8/29/2021 – 9/3/2021
- Lazar Bijelić, Igor A. Pašti, A RHODIUM-EXCHANGED NICKEL ELECTRODE AS AN ALTERNATIVE ELECTROCATALYST FOR THE HYDROGEN EVOLUTION REACTION IN ALKALINE MEDIA, 4IMMERA, Books of Abstract (preliminary book of abstracts can be found at: https://www.ffh.bg.ac.rs/uploads/sr/2021/09/4.IMMSERA_BoA_preliminary.pdf)
- Igor Pašti, Tamara Lazarević-Pašti, Sanjin Gutić, ULTRASOUND AND GRAPHENE OXIDE – SOMETHING GOOD AND SOMETHING BAD, 4IMMERA, Books of Abstract (preliminary book of abstracts can be found at: https://www.ffh.bg.ac.rs/uploads/sr/2021/09/4.IMMSERA_BoA_preliminary.pdf),
- Karačić et al. Electrochemical reduction of thin graphene-oxide films in aqueous solutions: restoration of conductivity, submitted to Electrochimica Acta, preprint available at https://arxiv.org/abs/2111.10081,
- Dobrota et al. Surface Pourbaix plots of M@N4-graphene single-atom electrocatalysts from Density Functional Theory thermodynamic modelling, preprint available at https://arxiv.org/abs/2111.14269,
- Bijelić et al. Enhancement of hydrogen evolution reaction kinetics in alkaline media by fast galvanic displacement of nickel with rhodium – from smooth surfaces to electrodeposited nickel foams, submitted to Electrochimica Acta (under review), preprint available at https://doi.org/10.26434/chemrxiv-2021-2r90g,
- Lazar Bijelić, Aleksandar Jovanović, Igor Pašti, Improving the electrocatalytic activity of nickel for HER in alkaline media by galvanic exchange with rhodium, 19th Young Researchers Conference, – Materials Science and Engineering, December 1-3, 2021, Belgrade, Serbia, Book of Abstracts, ISBN 978-86-80321-36-3, available at https://www.mrs-serbia.org.rs/index.php/book-of-abstracts
- Aleksandar Z. Jovanović, Sanjin J. Gutić, Lidija Rafailović, Igor A. Pašti, Electrochemical deposition for advanced engineering of novel electrocatalytic interfaces, 19th Young Researchers Conference, – Materials Science and Engineering, December 1-3, 2021, Belgrade, Serbia, Book of Abstracts, ISBN 978-86-80321-36-3, available at https://www.mrs-serbia.org.rs/index.php/book-of-abstracts
- Upgrades to Phenom ProX Scanning Electron Microscope for particle metrics and 3D surface reconstruction
- Plasma sputter coater for preparation of samples for SEM.
- New water purification system
- Small laboratory equipment
Dr. Igor Pašti, associate professor, email: email@example.com, phone: +381 11 3336 625